Serving: 4 to 6
Prep Time: 10 - 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 - 40 minutes
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 3 large onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) ready-to-use beef broth
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 4 to 6 one-inch-thick slices French bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded
- In a soup pot, melt the abutter over medium heat. Add the onions and cook
for 25 minutes, or until golden, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beef broth, apple cider, and black pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce
the heat to low, stir in the Parmesan cheese and wine, and cook for e to
5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the soup is heated through.
- Preheat the broiler. Place the bread on a baking sheet and sprinkle with
equal amounts of the Swiss cheese. Broil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the
cheese is melted.
- Pour the soup into bowls and top each with a slice of toasted cheese bread